Monday, January 5, 2009

A New Book on the Blackmar-Diemer Gambit?

David Flude, an old friend from BDG WORLD, days has started a thread at the ChessPub Forum on antidotes to the the Blackmar-Diemer Gambit. A post there by IM Christoph Wisnewski caught my interest.
"I am currently working on a new book about the BDG," he wrote. "It is nearly finished, the final first draft will probably be finished in a week."
And in a follow-on post:
"...I did "refute" a few lines so far thought to be playable. But that doesn't mean, the BDG is refuted itself! In fact, I do think that in every Black setup White has enough play to justify his pawn sacrifice. I will not deny that Black will come close to equality (or even achieve it) in most of these lines, but at least it is dynamic (and not dull) equality."
Well, this will be something to look foward to. You can read more here: ChessPub Forum - Antidotes to the Blackmar-Diemer Gambit